Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sleepover

Isn't this a good picture? The background in the most important thing in the picture. See the pillows and sleeping bags? That is because we were having a sleepover! Carston has been talking about this "sleepover" for a long time, and it finally happened. Being the kind and thoughtful guy he is, he gave me the couch, and he took the floor. He also wanted me to have the "coziest yellow sleeping bag, because it is like a coat", but I insisted that he take it, I mean, would it be fair for me to have the best of everything? Carston had the whole night planned, from the movie, ICE AGE, to a healthy midnight snack, to staying up clear until his bedtime, so that we wouldn't be too tired for games the next morning, to going to the park, and of course, waffles for breakfast. Just how does a girl turn down an invitation like that? I was having a great time, until he woke me up when he turned off the movie and decided to "work out' on the exercise bike (at midnight). It took a really creative bedtime story to get him to settle down and get to sleep, but it finally worked!! We had a great time. He is such a sweet kid, I love to be around him. I almost didn't publish this post, because i really don't want anyone to get any ideas about inviting me to sleepovers..........the thing is, this old girl just needs her own bed.
Hey, Thanks Carston!!

1 comment:

Darin Carmack said...

You are only as old as you choose to be. Take for instance Julee and I. She is now 15 years older than me. It doesent seam like the way it started. she was only 5 years older when we were married.