Sunday, August 10, 2008

MY CUPCAKE OBSESSION

My latest hobby is making cupcakes and then taking pictures of them. Then I put some out on a pedistal, (which never get eaten, they just go hard, but for a few days, they look cute) and the rest go into the freezer. (for what, I don't know) Pretty much a lot of work for who knows what.

No, wait I know what......They are just FUN! And they are easy. There is just something about cupcakes that make me feel all warm and cozy. So from time to time I will post pictures of my lastest cupcakes (right before I stick'em in the freezer). Even our answering machine has Sophie saying, I'm making cupcakes with grandpa and grandma, they'll call ya back. Rick likes to tease Sophie that he is the GREATEST cupcake maker in the world. She gets all upset and looks and me and says, "No he's not, huh grandma!". But when we went down to Arizone to see them, Grandpa and Sophie made cupcakes together, and Grandpa came up with some doozies, which impressed Sophie, but back-fired on grandpa, because now when he says that he's the greatest cupcake maker in the world, she just says, "yes". He doesn't get her all upset anymore, and that's no fun.

These cupcakes are chocolate (Made from Scratch, of course) and frosted with homemade cream cheese frosting with mint flavoring. The chocolate part of the frosting has melted andes mints in it with chopped up andes mints on top. I wish I would have saved whole andes mints for the very top. Next Time. So there you have it......... keep posted for the next ones, and maybe one of you grandkids can help!




1 comment:

Brent and Ashley said...

I don't know who the psycho people are that are living at your house, but if I were them, those cupcakes would be eaten in a heartbeat. I guess Sophie was so upset with grandpa because he was claiming to be "the best" without even prooving himself. But then he did, and Sophie realized that he really is good at the whole cupcake thing. Love you xoxo