Monday, November 3, 2008

Horse Cents

My friend, Jolene and I were exercising a few days ago and she told me about a friend of hers that was struggling financially, but then she started boarding horses, and now she makes big bucks (no pun intended). So after her telling me about this, I got this brilliant "think in my brain", about, why don't she and I start a horse boarding business, I mean how hard can it be??
All you have to do is feed them, and I know how to feed people, and I'm sure that people are WAY harder to please than horses. We just need to find a little plot of land, and maybe our husbands could build a little barny type thing, or get a really big "tough shed", and then we'd be in business. I know you're all thinking, what do they know about horses, but here's the thing.....
my mom wrote a paper about horses when she was in high school, and like the teacher told her that it was really good and that she should even publish it!!, So there you go, she could help us.
Plus, my brother who lives in St George just actually bought a horse, so I could call him if I had any questions about horse stuff, and I'd say that we are really close, as far as siblings go, so I know he'd help us. And, this thought just popped in my head right now, but it's really a big thing, I just remembered that my daughter actually lives across the street from a horse pasture, and every time I go to her house, we sit and stare out the window and watch the horses, because we love them. And not only that, but one time she called me and told me that one of the horses actually got caught in the barbed wire, and it pretty much ripped its guts out, and they were just hanging there, and the horse was going crazy with pain, so they called the cops and the cops came and put the horse down (thats horse talk for KILLED IT). So, of course I would know better than to use barbed wire. So as you can see, my family is all about horses! And I figure anything else we need to know we can just find on the internet because doesn't the internet make an expert out of everybody?? The way I see it, since I seem to have all of the know-how, then I would be the brains behind the business, and Jolene could do the labor part. Even with the delicate economy and all, I think we could still make a lot of money, because, think of it--The horses aren't just gonna all go away because of wall street, if anything, they are going to reproduce little horses even more because, you know, that's free. Then think of it, we'd have a whole lot of new customers/ponies/colts. I'm just posting this so that if you know anybody with a horse, you can tell them about us.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like fun. What a smart/easy/fun way to make money!!

Anonymous said...

you're a nerd.

Brent and Ashley said...

Oh my goodness! And we could come ride them everyday!!! Do it!!

Karolynn said...

Girlfriend that is a great idea! Too bad I wasn't with you guys so I could be a part of it. Of course I wasn't with you, you were exercising LOL. My brother had a horse and had to sell it while he went to TX for 2 years. See he could have left it with you.

Grandma and Grandpa said...

I have sat reading this and laughing so hard. Count me in because I am all about making money. I still have that term paper I wrote and may be I should put it on the internet to help others like you.