Sunday, November 9, 2008

Some Girls Just Never Grow UP


I found the CUTEST cupcake kit at Costco (in the toy section), and when I saw the mini polka-dot cupcake papers, included with the kit, I was sold!!  I left everything in the package for several days, so that I could just look at everything so neatly displayed.  Don't you agree that sometimes the packaging just makes everything look even funner?  After I had made sure that all of the girls had seen this awesome kit, then I had them over to my house, one at a time (aren't I smart?) to make cupcakes.  I love to cook, and I really want them to love to cook also, because, like it or not, they will have to do it their whole lives, so they might as well learn to love it also.  It makes it much more fun!    I went to a cooking class with Chef Todd Leonard from the Garden Restaurant, and he actually got teary-eyed as he thanked each of the women there for cooking for their families.  He felt like it was such an important part of family life.  And he it right.....it is.  Nothing makes me feel cozier and comfy-er than food (and a blanket).   Food satisfies all of our senses.  
    There are a lot of pictures here, but the girls were so darling, that I just couldn't resist taking tons of pictures.  They were so proud of the results.
                Things got messy, but it was easily cleaned up.  All ya have to do is lick!
Lindsey was invited by Karley to join us.  Lindsey is great with cakes and she is so cute with the girls.
                                                  You can see, this was  serious business.
                             Sophie did this masterpiece.  And she sells cupcakes.  $4.00/dozen
These cute plates were included in the kit, (even napkins!) So we had "tea parties" when we got all done.

Mixing the frosting was the best part.
Grandpa likes to get involved, too, though usually just by teasing them that he is the best cupcake maker in the world.--Karley agrees.  Sophie doesn't.
Sophie chose Lemon Cupcakes.  She is learning how to "zest a lemon".


The tongues come out when it is cupcake time.  (Which is why I send ALL the cupcakes home with them.)

Yep, All of the cupcakes go home

                             Do faces get any cuter than that!!  That is one happy pastry chef!!

Anabelle...........was anabelle!!!  You'll see what I'm talking about later.  
Yep, ALL of the cupcakes go home.
She was just so into this.   I was really surprised at how long this held her attention.  She totally helped with every step.
Uh-huh, I didn't get tempted to eat ANY of them.
Sophie did these when I was on the phone.  She got a stool, got the things she needed and just proceeded while I was pre-occupied.  Did they turn out cute or what??
Anabelle was so proud of herself.  And then she started to get VERY creative.

By the time she was done, we had a mess that Anabelle is so good at doing.  She can take the most unmessy thing in the world, and still turn it in to a disaster.  A cute disaster.
Thanks, girls for a fun time.  I can't think of anybody that I would rather be in the kitchen with. (except maybe, um......never mind.)

8 comments:

Marie said...

Yum, the cupcakes look good. I bet their mommies were so happy to get them.

patsy said...

I didn't buy that set because... brett says there will be cute stuff when we have grandkids-
we don't need to buy it now.

party pooper-

maybe I really need it anyway?

Silly Goose Kids said...

at least it's all "cute" slobber...right?? Also, in defense of poor anabelle, I must say that "making cupcakes" isn't quite the most "unmessy" thing in the world. Sophie loves making cupcakes with you. She talks about it all the time. I'm so glad she'll have those memories. She's so lucky to have such a fun grandma.

Karolynn said...

Goodness, I wished you were my grandma! That looks like a blast. Patsy told me about this kit and she is right, it is adorable! I am so going to Costco! You do have darling grandchildren. By the way, you have the cutest clothes!

Nichole Neumeyer said...

I did not know that the ingredients included saliva! Maybe that is why they were soo0 delicious!

She Loves To Make said...

What a cute idea! You have to be the greatest grandma ever! That kit is really cute. How fun! The pictures turned out so cute too. Your grandkids are darling.

Anonymous said...

so cute mom!

Anjuli said...

Hey what a cute blog that you have! Talk my mom into setting one up!! Good luck!!