Thursday, November 27, 2008

So Much To Be Thankful For

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!  Our whole family was together, for the first time in a long time.
Our feast was at Eaglewood, and with 35 family members, it was so nice to have a large place with plenty of room.  As a matter of fact, we could have invited 120 more people!  Probably the best part, though, was the 40 second dishwasher!!!
We made home-made potato rolls, and with all of this help, they were shaped and proofing in no time at all.


My mother made these cute little name cards.
However, somebody ate the candy off of several of them long before we sat down to eat.

Hmm....Does it look like he has anything in his mouth?????


I'm sure it wasn't them.  They look busy.
Guilty?
It wasn't grandma, she was busy playing games with the kids.

It wasn't Anabelle.  But she was busy eating the painted styrofoam berries.  As a matter of fact, she ate a whole branch of them.  Notice the paint-stained face.     

Maybe we should have checked this kid's boots.


                              I'm sure it wasn't this guy.  He was busy drinking all day long.
I don't think that Brent even knew that there were gumdrops,  because he was busy watching Kung fu Panda.

It wasn't any of the boys who were busy playing golf.  They probably had plenty of snacks anyway in the snack carts that they were driving.

I don't think it was this guy.  He looks too tired to be a gumdrop thief.  We might never know who it was.  Next time we all get together, we'll have to watch out for the bandit.
Gumdrops or not, we had a great day.  Thanks to everybody who brought delicious food, helped out with the clean-up, and stayed around for great conversation.
I'm thankful for a wonderful family.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it wasn't me!! but i did see anabelle and carston eating them...

Karolynn said...

That looks like an awesome day! A 40 second dishwasher would really make my life a lot better! You have such a neat family!

Nichole Neumeyer said...

I know who was eating all the gumdrops! It was Luke and Cody(may be more!). They took mine and Casey's too! Lil stinkers! And Thanksgiving was wonderful! The turkey along with everything else was delicious! Great job!

Brent and Ashley said...

That was such a fun day. But next time lets not have edible place holders. That was just a big disaster.

Brent and Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brent and Ashley said...

Okay, I'm the one who deleted that last comment. I went to publish my comment and it got published twice and I was all like "What the heck?!"

Tiffany said...

It was my kids. I told them not too, but I guess they didn't listen.....
Thank you so much for a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!